Tahoe Trails Summit – “Trails of today and tomorrow”
May 6, 7, 8 at the Tahoe Beach Retreat, South Lake Tahoe California
Ride, socialize, participate, learn, and have fun at our lake front Tahoe Trails Summit! TAMBA is hosting this trail summit to showcase the amazing trail renaissance in Tahoe and discuss the future. We want to bring together all trail users to gain input and consensus on the future of multi-use trails around beautiful Lake Tahoe.
The entire summit is FREE and open to the public.
With over 75% of the land in Tahoe managed by the Forest Service, we are hosting this summit in partnership with US Forest Service Lake Tahoe Basin Management Unit
Friday May 6, 2016
Lunch time Stand Up Paddle Board
- 2pm – 5pm: Trail Tech Talks
- Trail planing and process
- Building a connected trail network
- Creating consensus among different trail users
5pm – 8pm: Opening sunset reception on the beach with food and drink specials
8pm – 9pm: Movie and raffle
Saturday May 7, 2016
7am – 8:30am: Breakfast in the Tavern, Coffee complimentary
8:30am – 2pm: Presentations/Workshops/Panel Discussions, topics include:
- Success stories, Tahoe and beyond
- Current threats to multi-use trails
- Too many trail users?
- Tourism, economics and trails
- Current threats to multi use trails
- Engaging tomorrow’s trail stewards
- Round table workshop – Prioritizing community trail projects.
Afternoon showcase ride and Bijou Bike Park tour
Evening movie, raffle, party in the Tavern and beach front patio with food and drink specials
Sunday May 8, 2016
- Breakfast in the Tavern
Mother’s Day family ride
Lake front property with beach, conference facility, 2 restaurants and 262 rooms (pet friendly)
Package rates forthcoming.