Build. Ride. Respect.
The Tahoe Area Mountain Biking Association (TAMBA) is a volunteer-driven nonprofit organization that builds, maintains, and advocates for multi-use trails in Tahoe while providing education to all trail users and hosting fun community events. TAMBA works in partnership with land managers such as the U.S. Forest Service, Nevada State Parks, California State Parks, and the City of South Lake Tahoe. In addition, TAMBA helps maintain more than 100 miles of trail per year thanks in large part to the thousands of hours TAMBA volunteers contribute annually.
TAMBA is seeking a passionate, highly motivated individual for the position of Administrative Assistant.
Administrative assistant duties and responsibilities include providing administrative support to Executive Director and TAMBA board members to ensure efficient operation of the organization. You will support the chair, treasurer, trails director, board members, and crew leaders through a variety of tasks related to the organization. The administrative assistant job scope includes communicating via phone and email, ensuring all administrative assistant duties are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
The position reports directly to the Executive Director and is offered as a part-time year round position. The position will require regular travel throughout the Lake Tahoe area.
The Outreach Coordinator is a key representative for TAMBA and will represent the organization to the community—with volunteers, stakeholders, agencies, and at public events. The successful candidate will be a detail-oriented team player who is motivated to provide excellent stewardship of our relationships and data.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily, check TAMBA email and respond to, and/or forward inquiries
- Enter PayPal and Salesforce donors into Salesforce and send donor-acknowledgement letter to donors.
- Weekly, pick up mail at PO Box; open mail, scan documents and send to appropriate board member; copy checks; fill out paperwork when needed.
- Weekly, drop off or mail checks and other documents to the treasurer as needed.
- Weekly, manage Salesforce database.
- Monthly, add new sponsors/donors to TAMBA website, remove old sponsors/donors.
- Monthly, assist in creating and sending newsletter.
- Monthly, attend board meetings and take meeting minutes.
- Monthly, add supporting documentation to Checking Account in Quickbooks Online
- Monthly, review QBO Checking account for all supporting documentation.
- Monthly, compare Salesforce and QBO for accuracy.
- Quarterly, collect grant documentation and add supporting documents to storageDrive.
- Quarterly, submit quarterly grant reports.
- Annually, file Attorney General, Secretary of State and all required reports for California and Nevada businesses.
- Annually, work with treasurer to file raffle registration, raffle reporting and charity registration.
- Annually, create volunteer list and mail year- end thank-you cards.
- Annually, help review and renew TAMBA insurance (GL, Accident, Trailer/tools, Events, and D&O).
- Track and compile annual volunteer metrics and reporting.
- Build and maintain constructive partnerships with local businesses, land managers, and partner trail organizations.
- Plan and coordinate resources and volunteer personnel for trail projects throughout the trail season, including the facilitation of trail workdays.
- Manage group and corporate work party requests, collaborating with regional managers and development team staff as needed to schedule events.
- Accurately track volunteer data, work party data, and related information for adult and youth work events in the online database and hard copy files.
- Follow and maintain documentation of internal procedures and policies.
- Assist in developing content for TAMBA’s website and social media platforms.
- Ability and willingness to work nights and weekends.
- Schedule and coordinate projects, maintain calendars, research special projects and grants, as needed.
- Support project leaders on various trail projects.
- Work with various land management agencies on agreements and partnerships.
Job Skills and Experience:
Competitive candidates will highlight the following experience in their application, or express willingness to learn:
- Demonstrated commitment to TAMBA’s mission.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
- Experience with Salesforce (or similar) CRM database.
- Excellent document preparation, communication, and writing skills.
- Experience working with public land management agencies (i.e. federal/state/local).
- A passion for mountain biking and outdoor trail-based recreation.
- Prior nonprofit program coordination, volunteer management, or equivalent experience.
- A proven self-starter with demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively to meet program/organization goals.
- Enthusiastic about embracing new challenges.
- Strong organizational skills including attention to detail, ability to create efficiencies and build investment in systems.
- Ability to set priorities, manage a variety of responsibilities, and meet deadlines in an ever-changing environment while maintaining attention to detail.
- Ability to accept and integrate feedback graciously, and give effective feedback to team members and volunteers.
- Cultural competency experience and demonstrated ability to work with people of diverse races, ages, genders, abilities, and economic backgrounds.
- Must be able to carry 40 lbs.
- First aid and CPR certified, or able to get certified within 3 months.
- Clean driving record and valid driver’s license.
Benefits (subject to change):
Pay depending on experience. 20 hours per week, year round position.
Workers Compensation and Unemployment Insurance
*no health insurance or 401k offered with this position
Send an email to email@example.com with a resume, cover letter, and 3 professional references. Applications close April 5, 2022.